Here’s what you need to have ready before you apply (all of the following sections must be completed before we can evaluate your candidacy):
- Personal details (name, address, email, etc.)
- Law School details (please be sure to keep this section regularly updated)
- SEO Law Resume
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Diversity Statement (optional)
- Headshot (for internal use only)
- Law School Enrollment / Seat Deposit Confirmation
Fellowship Application Timeline:
- Applications: accepted between October 15, 2018 and March 4, 2019
- Interviews: scheduled between February and April 2019
- Proof of law school enrollment: due no later than April 26, 2019
- SEO Admissions decisions: made by May 1, 2019
- Program start date: May 19, 2019 – July 26, 2019
For further questions, check out our FAQ below.
"While participating in the SEO Law Fellowship Program, I was taught by excellent instructors who not only helped me to break down difficult legal concepts and understand how to take exams, but, most importantly, gave me the confidence I needed to head into law school."
Do I need to have been admitted to law school in order to apply to the SEO Law Fellowship?
No, but you should be applying to law schools at the same time you apply to the Fellowship. Fellows need to provide proof of enrollment prior to acceptance into the Fellowship.
I don’t plan to enroll in law school by next fall. Can I still participate in the SEO Law Fellowship program?
Only candidates who are starting law school in the fall immediately after their Fellowship summer are eligible for internships with our law partners.
How do I submit my law school admission documents?
You only need to submit your law school enrollment form once you have selected your school (proof of your seat deposit). Please select “Law School Information” from the menu after logging into the online application and upload it there.
When should I expect to interview with the SEO Law Fellowship team?
Interviews will occur from January through April. SEO Law will contact you if you’re selected for an interview to schedule a mutually convenient time to interview either in person or via Skype. In-person interviews will occur in New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Ithaca (NY), Atlanta, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Students are expected to attend an in-person interview. Skype interviews will only be granted under exigent circumstances.